ND Public Notices
Mohall Lansford Sherwood School District
Glenburn School District
A birthday party for Jesus will be sponsored by the Mohall AWANA Club and the Renville North Ward Chapter of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans. It will be held next Wednesday, December 18th at 7:00 p.m. at the New Horizons Church of the Nazarene in Mohall.
The evening will include a brief program put on by the AWANA clubbers. Cake will be served immediately following the program.
Everyone is invited to attend!
Grants available for Financial Literacy
through Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas
The Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas (NCUF Partner) has grants available to community organizations and credit unions affiliated with The Credit Union Association of the Dakotas.
The Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas is funded by participating North and South Dakota Credit Unions. It funds projects in the areas of access to financial services, financial education, savings and asset accumulation, and small credit union development. Those interested in applying must meet the following criteria:
• Be an affiliated North and South Dakota Credit Union or a community organization. Non-Credit Union organizations may apply for grant funding, but must partner with a North or South Dakota Credit Union and be able to clearly demonstrate how the project will impact Credit Unions and their members.
• Funds may be used for the following purposes:
o Education of Credit Union employees and volunteers;
o Public education initiatives related to consumer finance;
o Projects and programs that support new, small, or community development Credit Unions:
o Enhancement to League/Association projects funded by other sources that are consistent with the Foundation’s mission and purposes;
o Programs or projects that extend Credit Union services to the full range of membership, with emphasis on the unserved, underserved or “low-income” consumers;
o Affordable housing projects;
o Disaster relief;
o Partnerships that provide services or carry out projects consistent with the Foundation’s mission and purposes; and
o Other purposes consistent with the Foundation’s 501(c) (3) mission and purpose.
• Solicit endorsement and/or funding from at least one local Credit Union or credit union related supporter.
• Be able to leverage funds from other community, philanthropic, government, or other sources to maximize benefit and ensure sustainability at the conclusion of funding from this grant.
• Obtain letters confirming in kind support or funding commitments from partners both within and outside the credit union movement.
• Have tangible, achievable goals and objectives.
The Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas Grant Committee will consider grant proposals throughout the year. Interested parties should submit applications by Tuesday, December 31st, 2013. Completed grant applications must include:
• An organization description, legal name, address, primary purpose, and history.
• The organization’s letter from the IRS stating that it is tax –exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) or Section 501(c)(6) and not a private foundation under Section 509(a).
• Most recent audited financial statement and complete copy of a recent form 990 federal tax return.
• Current organization and project budget and proposed budgets for 2013.
• Leadership information (Board and staff).
• List of other funding sources for the organization, including letters of in kind support/funding commitments.
Organizations obtaining funds will be required to file a grant report. This report should include a summary of the project or event, and how the funds were used.
Interested organizations can obtain a grant application by contacting Amy Jo Johnson at email@example.com or downloaded from the Credit Union Foundation of the Dakotas website page: http://www.cuad.coop/Education/CreditUnionFoundation.aspx.